[mythtv-users] OT: Confused between geforce 8200 and 8300 IGPs motherboards

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Mar 25 09:23:44 UTC 2009

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> Greetings
>> I've been looking for an upgrade of my trusty SD spec'ed Via Epia
>> sp13000
>> frontend and have been checking out Asus AMD motherboards. Many
>> retailers
>> seen to be confused as to which are full sized ATX and which are
>> microATX.
>> As far as I can see the
>> M3N-H/HDMI is full sized, uses the 8300 and can map 512M of video memory
>> M3N78 PRO same
>> M3N78VM is uATX, uses 8200 and can map 256M of video memory
> I have one of these, it can map 512MB.
> Alex

Not according to

Perhaps this is why I'm getting confused!! I take it that a BIOS update
has changed this - do you know what version of BIOS you have in your

Further searches of the nvidia site only shows that the 8300 has 2
ethernet ports to the 8200 having one. Still no clue to what the
equivalent GPU number is!!

Robin Gilks