[mythtv-users] glitchy audio with vdpau

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 02:20:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/24/2009 10:03 PM, Alex Williamson wrote:
>> I have both "Extra audio buffering" and "Aggressive Sound card
>> Buffering" enabled, but the first is the only one that seems to make
>> much difference (the second only adds the audio_buffer_unused log
>> output below).
>

> Don't know about the rest, but you really shouldn't have both enabled.
> You almost definitely want the first and really the second should almost
> never be used.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/369073#369073

Thanks for the reference.  I typically only use the extra buffering,
but thought I'd go through all the options given the problems I'm
seeing.  FWIW, I've also discovered setting my minimum cpufreq scaling
to 1.8GHz is enough to avoid the glitches.  Is there already some
facility in mythtv to run an external script at the start and end of
video playback?  Thanks,

Alex