[mythtv-users] Automatic onversion from MPEG-2 to H264

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:04:26 UTC 2009

2009/3/24 Gerald Brandt <gbr at majentis.com>

> Okay, so it sounds like it's doable.  I'm guessing by using one of the user
> jobs, rather than setting up a transcoding option?
>
> I'm not really sure how to accomplish what I want, where to set things,
> what commands to use, etc.
>
> Gerald

in my time looking at doing this Mythtv as of now doesnt have the ability to
transcode and leave the audio alone.  I wanted to keep AC3 with my HD
recordings but make them MPEG4.  Within myth it has to convert to MP3
stereo.  Thats when i bought another TB of space.

Creating userjobs to transcode the recording via scripts was way to complex
and i didnt want to mess with it for another $80 ill just buy more HDD.

--
Mitchell