[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] solar power for all our gadgets

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Mar 24 21:16:31 UTC 2009

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
> Kind of funny to read this article about how some environmental groups are
> trying to stop solar panels from going up in the Mojave desert, especially
> since someone a few weeks ago mentioned sarcastically that environmental
> groups would try hard to find something they don't like about solar farms.
> No nuclear farms, no solar farms, no coal burning...I wish they'd give us an
> answer they do like other than going back to the stone ages.

To be fair, when you talk about "environmentalists" you're talking about
a bunch of groups with a bunch of different agendas.  It's not like
there's one group ruling out all these things.  Some environmental
groups like nuclear, some oppose it; some like hydroelectric power, some
work to get dams removed; etc.  Some groups have very narrow agendas.

Saying "environmentalists want X" is a bit like saying "MythTV users
want X."  You can find areas of common ground but there are also large
areas of disagreement.  (Hah, brought it back on topic!)