[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] solar power for all our gadgets

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:31:06 UTC 2009

After I've read through this I only have 2 things to say. I switched
my house from Incandescent to CFL bulbs 4 years ago. I've moved twice
since then, taking all my bulbs with me, and I haven't had to replace
any, except the 2 that I had photo sensors on, and when I initially
changed them, my power bill dropped ~ $80 a month. These are old
bulbs, and yet they still light up within 30 seconds.

Secondly, and I have no information to back this up, but would be
interested to know if anyone could prove or disprove the statement my
friend made the other day (he was reading about Tesla). What he said
was that Neon lighting is more efficient than fluorescent. I've never
seen a neon light actually used for lighting though, so I don't know.
What say you?

~Jon