[mythtv-users] Testing HDMI

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Tue Mar 24 02:53:38 UTC 2009

My new frontend/backend is based on the ASUS P5N7A-VM which provides
HDMI output (and much else) using the Nvidia nForce 730i. Video is
excellent at 1080p through the HDMI output connector to a Sony Bravura
LCD.

Here's the problem. There's no audio. The required ALSA drivers are
provided by Fedora 10 and the sound chips are recognized. Earphone
connection works fine.

I know the HDMI cable works. However, neither piece of gear that was
once on either end of the cable is around any more, so I have no way of
determining which end of the cable is not working.

Any suggestions?