[mythtv-users] Updating mythtv video's list from the command line?

Eric Malenfant cat5 at catfive.org
Tue Mar 24 01:31:37 UTC 2009

On 3/23/2009 3:17 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
> Sorry, a bit confused-- is the inquiry here that there's no FE, and
> video files are being added to the BE and how to update MythVideo
> without an FE, or??
>
> Bob

I have a FE installed on the BE - it's an all-in-one box with 2 PVR-150
tuners. This is located in my basement, and directly attached to a 32"
CRT tv. Upstairs, I have a 40" LCD and stream everything, 1st, was with
XBMC - which just had it's own DB/scappers - and pulled everything
through SMB just fine. Now, I'm using an xbox 360 (1080p is so much
nicer) - but I can't just throw a new movie into the view folder without
having to go downstairs, and run the Video Updater to scan the
filesystem for new files.

Is there no way to do this from the command line?

I like the idea of "find_meta.py" - but really, I don't care about
scapping the data - I just want the file presented through the UPnP
server right away..

Something I can tweak in the db?

--
Regards,
Eric Malenfant, RHCE/CCSE+/NGX CCSE/NSA

Words for the wise:

Problems in Windows, reboot
Problems in Linux, be root!

Linux is User-Friendly, It's just picky who it's friends are!