[mythtv-users] Can anyone explain these MythTV/MythWeb access quirks?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 23:46:05 UTC 2009

I am still running MythTV version 0.20.2-164.fc6, so this may be
overcome by events, but...

When I browse within my lan, I can access the Program Listing screen
and change it to another time frame, like opening it at 8am and
switching to 5pm starting time.

**However**, if I use ssh to get through my firewall from the wan and
ssh-tunnel to the mythweb screen, it fails when I try to change the
program listing to another timeframe, no matter what means I try to
use to change it.  I would like to understand **why**.  I get the same
symptoms when I try to do program searches.

Another oddity is that if I redirect a high port number on the
firewall/router to port 80 on the MythTV system, I can get the login
prompt dialog from MythTV, but it won't accept the username and/or the
password, so I can't get in.  What gives with that?

Finally, if I try to ssh into the MythTV system from a remote (wan)
system that supports X-windows, it doesn't exactly succeed if I try to
run mythfrontend.  The screen background will appear, but the terminal
window will log a log of errors about things like GLX not found, or
something.  Is this a case where I have to put an option on the
command line to force a different display mode, and if so, could
someone refresh my (faulty) memory about what it is?  I tried looking
at the help from "mythfrontend --help", but it didn't give me any
clues.

TIA,

Craig.