[mythtv-users] Location of recording thumbnails (png's)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 23 19:25:47 UTC 2009

On 03/23/2009 03:04 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
> My recordings go into /media/myth, and all .png thumbnails generated
> (from the FE and MythWeb)reside there as well. Is there some way I can
> have all thumbnails go into a subfolder instead? Like a .thumbnails or
> something (as it is in thunar and such).

Not until I finish the patch I've been working on.  (And even then, not
until a) it's committed to trunk, b) the next stable version after the
patch is committed gets released, c) your packager creates a package for
that next version, and d) you upgrade.  :)  Here's hoping I'll have it
done for 0.22...

(With the patch, you'll be able to define a special Storage Group called
"Thumbnails" that contains a list of directories in which preview
thumbnails can be stored.  Therefore, you'll be able to store thumbnails
outside of the recordings directories--which is great if the filesystem
used for the recordings directories are optimized for large files and,
regardless, will make the recordings directories /much/ cleaner.)

Mike