[mythtv-users] Broadcom Air2PC ATSC

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 19:01:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Curt Richards <
curt_richards at frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I thinking of using a Broadcom Air2PC ATSC PN 92400-20001

will be fine.

> with an ASUS M38A78-EM motherboard which has 1080P HDMI output, 8 channel
> audio and an ATI Radeon HD 3200 GPU onboard.

id pick a diff board w/ on board nvidia or add a PCI-X Nvidia card.
Specifically one that supports VDPAU.  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU

> The Air2PC is is pre 2005.flag board.

All cards ignore flag.  this was shot down.  irrelevant.

> I thinking that a dual core CPU should do the job, although the motherboard
> will support a 140 watt quad core chip.

dual core is plenty.  a 2.5ghz dual or more should be sufficient.

> I would appreciate opinions on or reports of actual experience with any of
> the above, before I buy parts! :-)

Good luck.

--
Mitchell