[mythtv-users] UPnP Playback Device

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Mon Mar 23 18:35:53 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> I'm wondering what experience people have had with UPnP type "Media Players".

I have a Philips SLM5500 which works just fine with both Myth and
Gmediaserver.

However, finding a way to configure the media into Myth such that it is
easily navigable with the SLM5500 is not very easy. I'm saying this
because this device is in fact not a UPnP Media Server, but rather a
Media Controller and Media Server in a box, without the interface
between the two being accessible externally.

But my music does play, my photos do display. I can't get it to play
video that was recorded by Myth reliably, but I don't really need it to
do that anyway.

Cheers, Jan