[mythtv-users] Why can I not use 2 of the same Technotrend DVB-s Tuners.

Jelte Veldstra jelte.veldstra at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 17:36:38 UTC 2009

2009/3/23 <w.f.mythbuster at gmail.com>

>  Hello
>

> I have I strange problem.
>
> I have a Mythbuntu 8.10 backend based on the following hardware.
>
> Foxconn MB
>

> http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?ID=en-us0000387
>

> 2x Technotrend Butget.
>
> http://www.technotrend.de/2702/TT-budget__S-1500.html
>
> It is not exactly this card but it is the first revision 1.0. (it was not
> called 1500 back then)
>

> When I use these cards, one of these cards becomes un useable within
> 24hours. (MythTV shows L___ instead of LAMC)
>

> When I swap one of the technotrend cards for a KNC1.
>

> http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p2256_Mystique-SaTiX-SE--DVB-S--CI-Connector--Windows-Linux.html
>
> My backend can run for several days without a problem.
>

> To test if it is motherboard/chipset related I also build a backend with
> the following motherboard.
>

> http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2434
>
> But this gives me the same result.
>

> What is going on here.
>

> Any help appreciated.
>

> Wim

So the two Technotrend ones work well for some time and then develop the
issue? Have you always swapped out the same Technotrend for the KNC1 or have
you also tried swapping out the other Technotrend (just to rule out that one
of the Technotrend adapters is flakey). One thing worth trying (which you
may already have) is to try different PCI slots to rule out shared interrupt
issues. It seems both the KNC1 and the Technotrend adapters are based on the
same chipset, but who know s it may make a difference.

Regards,

Jelte