[mythtv-users] Manually adding program descriptions

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:26:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 2:11 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Regarding this discussion from a few weeks ago, I've discovered that
>> the shows I originally mentioned, more often than not, don't seem to
>> have a description in the listing until the day they air, so the
>> --refresh-today will actually be great for this.
>>
>> My question is this:  Does --refresh-today simply add today to the
>> default behavior of mythfilldatabase, or does it override it
>> completely?  I can't seem to find anything clear on that.  Thanks.
>>
> Not sure of the answer to your question however, I just run this in a
> cron job daily just before I do my database backup.
>
> John

While I could do it in a cron, I'd rather just add --refresh-today to
the mythfilldatabase args in the setup since it runs every day anyway.
 Actually I just looked at the source.  Adding --refresh-today does in
fact simply add today to the default behavior.  Tomorrow will still be
refreshed...so it looks like that should do what I want.

Thanks.
Tom