[mythtv-users] input priorities?

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:08:54 UTC 2009

Alright, I have read the howto a few times, and according to what is
explained there, I should not be having these problems.

I deleted all cards in mythtv-setup and re-entered (and re-connected)
them in order of preference.  The hd tuner was the first, and the
cable box capture card the last.  All the inputs have the default
priority of 0 now.

I still have the problem of low priority "junk" shows bumping high
priority hd shows from the hd tuner.  For tonight, mythweb shows
terminator has a record priority of +1, starting at 8pm, and "ask this
old house" with a priority of -2 starting at 8:30, which is scheduled
to record on the cable box capture card.  Setting an override to not
record the junk show causes myth to reschedule terminator for the hd

Another night, a re-run of a show is bumping a first-run of a show,
even though the first run has a higher priority.  Both programs are HD
- myth seems to have followed alphabetical order in this case.