[mythtv-users] Changed monitor, no more playback...

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 09:20:27 UTC 2009

2009/3/19 Andrea Giuliano <sarkiaponius at alice.it>:
> Dear Ma,
>
> thanks for the link, but none of the suggested solutions works for me.
>
> There are some points that may sound interesting for you:
>
> 1) recording still works very well; I can watch every recording with
> Mplayer, Totem and such, but not with MythTV itself; never mind if the
> recording were made before of after the day I changed the monitor, when the
> problems appeared;
>
> 2) the backend never logs any error, whilst the frontend logs tons of "Audio
> data lost...", "Video is tot seconds..." and such.

because it is a frontend error, not backend.

> 3) I swear that everything worked until I changed the monitor: it got broken
> suddenly, and I took a glance to a recordin a few minutes before;  in the
> evening, I took another monitor from my daddy's house, turned the PC on
> again, and ... no more playback nor LiveTV from MythTV!

I believe you ;-). No idea what could cause that, but a monitor should
not. There
was maybe an upgrade in the meanwhile and you forgot that you did it.

You could try to turn on extra audio buffer in the setup. I have no more ideas.
Maybe someone else knows more.