[mythtv-users] Announce: 0.21-fixes with vdpau ubuntu repository

David Miller dave at justdave.net
Fri Mar 20 08:49:41 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote on 3/19/09 1:43 PM:
> After over 6 hours compiling everything and fixing errors as they get
> by, I've now separated the repository between hardy and intrepid. Each
> having their separate repository.
>
> Now I will have time to rsume my work on vdpau, I'm merging much more
> now so most of the fixes in trunk will be available in 0.21-fixes.

Out of curiosity, will you have a jaunty repo at all?  (no worries if
you don't play on it for a while, just asking :)  I haven't been
successful getting sound working on intrepid on an nvidia mac mini, but
I can get it working fine on jaunty.  And I notice jaunty still has the
old mythtv packages in it (yours are based on a lot newer revision of
the .21-fixes branch).

I did try adding your intrepid repo to my jaunty box, and everything
installed fine except for the nvidia-glx-180 and mplayer packages (both
citing dependency conflicts).

mythtv itself (live tv) (both the one in jaunty and the one in your
repo) play back very blocky and with no sound.  Yours has a stable OSD
though, and the one in both jaunty and intrepid is wavy :)

mythvideo works fine however.

--
Dave