[mythtv-users] hdhomerun and channel frequency problem?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 04:23:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Mark Chang <mark.chang at gmail.com> wrote:
> background:
>  * redid myth setup from scratch, now using mythbuntu intrepid ibex,
> just a couple days ago
>  * have hdhomerun hooked up to comcast basic cable which has qam256
> modulated broadcast channels
>  * also have wintv standard definition cable
>
> the basic config seemed to work well. then, tonight and last night,
> the thing didn't record WFXT HD (Fox). okay, it was american idol. :)
>
> turns out, using livetv, some channels are not coming in (including FOX).
>
> Manual scan shows:
> SCANNING: 601750000 (us-hrc:87)
> LOCK: qam256 (ss=92 snq=94 seq=100)
> PROGRAM: 1: 25.1 WFXT HD
> PROGRAM: 2: 4.1 WBZ HD
>
> Looking in the channel editor (on mythweb and in mythconfig), the
> channel freqid is set to "88". I changed it to "87", and it still
> didn't work for WFXT or any of the other fixed channels. The schedules
> direct data has the right xmlid, callsign, all that.
>
> So, I'm running a new channel scan now to see if I messed it up the
> first time. In the meantime, how did this happen? How do you think I
> can fix it?
>
> Thanks. WAF is getting very low with this myth rebuild. Help me out, people! :)
>
> --
> Mark L. Chang

Have to go watch american idol myself right now but I had a similar
problem and changed the setup so that the HDHR split the channels up
instead of having mythbuntu do it.  There is a bug in something that
interacts with long headers so some programs excite the bug and some
don't.  You set Quick tune to Always and it gets around the problem.
I am not saying this is your problem, but it is worth a try.

Allen