[mythtv-users] Announce: 0.21-fixes with vdpau ubuntu repository

Kai 'wusel' Siering wusel+lists at uu.org
Thu Mar 19 01:16:32 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> 2009/3/19 Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com>:
>> I have transcode 2:1.0.2-0.8ubuntu10.1 installed from the standard
>> ubuntu multiverse repository. Those depedencies are the old ones used
>> in Hardy 8.04. I think this may be another issue arising from
>> Jean-Yves recently including support for Hardy, but he would be able
>> to tell you for sure. The transcode package in multiverse doesn't have
>> those dependencies but the avengard.org one does. In intrepid the
>> multiverse package depends on libavcodec51 and
>> libavcodec-unstripped-51 which are in the standard repos. Try
>> installing the multiverse version of transcode and see if that gets
>> things up and running for you.

Currently trying this; disabled avenard.org, installed mythtv-transcode-utils
from standard, enabled avenard.org, apt-get install mythtv mythweb ... This
lead to ...

Setting up mythtv-backend (0.21.0+fixes20212-openglvdpau-0ubuntu2) ...
udev active, devices will be created in /dev/.static/dev/
rm: cannot remove `video0-': Read-only file system
mknod: `video0-': Read-only file system
makedev video0 c 81 0 root video 0660: failed
rm: cannot remove `video0-': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove `radio0-': Read-only file system
mknod: `radio0-': Read-only file system
makedev radio0 c 81 64 root video 0660: failed
rm: cannot remove `radio0-': Read-only file system
makedev vttuner c 83 16 root video 0660: failed
rm: cannot remove `vttuner-': Read-only file system
  * Starting MythTV server: mythbackend                                   [ OK ]

... but otherwiese seemed to work (I was executing the
apt-get as UID 0); I was able to actually start mythtv-
frontend. Thanks for the tip.

> Getting a package to work on both hardy and intrepid was a mistake,
> and only raise problems.

I'm inclined to say "yepp" ;)

> I'm going to revert my changes and make packages for intrepid and
> hardy completely separate instead...
>
> it takes forever to compile packages, so don't expect anything for 1-2 days..

Thanks! (Never used it myself, but maybe utilizing the Ubuntu ppa service
may help you here? I've only seen that the packager for MMS was rather
happy to have that environment instead of having to use his own systems
to do the build process.)

Regards,
			kai

--
Kai Siering                                        eMail: wusel at uu.org
"The Gregorian calendar is a kludge only an innumerate could love.