[mythtv-users] How is Tivo handling the switch to digital delivery to the home?

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 16:17:28 UTC 2009

2009/3/17 Marco Nelissen <marco.nelissen at gmail.com>

> analog-only tivos have always included an 'ir blaster' kind of gizmo as far
> as I know, so can control a cable/sat or OTA converter box.

I recently set up my Series 2 with a digital converter box, when I repeated
guided setup, one of the first questions it asked was if I was using a
digital converter, then it gave me a list of supported boxes. Unfortunately,
the box I had picked up with my coupon was NOT on the list, and I had a real
time trying to return it. I ended up getting one that worked with the IR
blaster but it was a hassle. It's working now and works great though. Here's
a link:
http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/technicalsupport/compatibilityhelp/Digital_antenna_support.html
--Justin Johnson