[mythtv-users] Must be missing something because no TV channels anymore [SOLVED]

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Wed Mar 18 13:50:20 UTC 2009

Mike,

Thank you for responding.

> If this still happens, run mythfrontend from the command line and look
> at the messages it produces. This should tell you exactly why Live TV
> fails. You should also be able to change the log defaults this way if
> you require more details.

I did exactly that and saw these errors:

2009-03-18 22:14:56.177 TV Error: LiveTV not successfully started
2009-03-18 22:14:56.181 TV Error: LiveTV not successfully started
2009-03-18 22:14:56.222 TV: Deleting TV Chain in destructor

I looked up the "TV Error" part on Google, and found a suggestion that
the problem might be a matter of the directory that stores TV recordings
having restricted permissions.

So I changed the permissions on the directory that stores TV recordings
to be open to all ("chmod 777").

Now I get television. I'm having trouble with some playback issues,
mythfilldatabase is still not filling channels, and sound seems a little
wonky, but the basic problem in this thread is solved, so I'll close
this thread and open more specific ones.

Thanks for all your help, and for the idea of starting MythTV from the
command line. I can tell that will be a useful tool in the future.

--
Dave M G