[mythtv-users] Filtering non-subscribed channels

Bert Haverkamp bert at bertenselena.net
Wed Mar 18 11:52:41 UTC 2009

Hello all,

my mythbuntu system is used for watching digtial cable (DVB-C )
When scanning, I get tons of channels, most of which I don't have a
subscription to.
Is it possible to filter those out in the channel list? I know about
filtering encrypted channels.
But all channels are encrypted. I just happen to have the key to some of
them on the smartcard I got from my cable provider (Ziggo).
Is there a setting in mythtv or a script to filter the rest out?

Regards,

Bert Haverkamp