[mythtv-users] System hangs when watching tv

Sergio Bello serbel at televes.com
Tue Mar 17 08:57:22 UTC 2009

Hi forum,
I've installed Mythtv 0.21 on a Debian Etch system. I thing everything
is working fine (communications between frontend and backend, with
mythconverg db, etc). I can schedule and make recordings, and preview
them on the small screen that appears when you list recordings. But
everytime I try to watch a recording or watch live tv, my system (the
whole operating system) hangs, I can't use mouse nor keyboard and I have
to reboot my machine. All I can see is a black screen. I've tried to
change several mythbackend and mythfrontend parameters, but
unsuccessfully. Maybe somebody have solved the same or a similar problem
and can help me. Any idea would be very appreciated.
Thanks a lot