[mythtv-users] Announce: 0.21-fixes with vdpau ubuntu repository

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:40:06 UTC 2009

Dear all.

A few of you have been using my Ubuntu repository and the VDPAU mods
for 0.21-fixes.
http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Ubuntu_Repository.html

I made some changes over the week-end.

First of all, now all the packages are signed ; you will need to
install the signing key with :
wget http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos/ubuntu-repos.key &&
sudo apt-key add ubuntu-repos.key && rm ubuntu-repos.key

To enjoy the extra security, you need to update your APT sources ; now it's:
deb http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos intrepid release

The older style repository is still working and will continue to work...

Also, I've repackaged all the packages in the release repository so
they will now install in Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy). That includes mythtv ,
mythplugins, mplayer with vdpau support as well as the nvidia drivers
180.37.

I tested them on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.

Cheers
Jean-Yves