[mythtv-users] exporting hd-pvr recordings

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 21:31:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Ian Forde <ian at duckland.org> wrote:

> Not that I'm expecting this patch to ever make it to trunk btw, since it
> would create an additional dependency to myth, but it looks like one of
> the few ways to export these recordings given that nuvexport can't
> handle hd-pvr recordings on my boxes...
>
> Thanks,
>        -I

mythcommflag outputting an AVIdemux project doesn't add a dep, all it
does is output a compatible file.  It's up to the user to have/install
AVIDemux if you want to read it-- A dep would mean myth couldn't
compile without it.

I haven't really looked at that script since back in the early days of
HD-PVR development, mostly because when I get back around to it I will
likely work on a better solution similar to MPEG-2 cutting (lossless
transcode) in mythtranscode right now.  It's a bit beyond my comfort
level/area of expertise, but when I finish with the stuff I'm doing
and if I find myself without a project to work on, I might take a look
at it.

Robert