[mythtv-users] How to view and download torrents from the web

Avner avner-moshkovitz at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 15 19:45:36 UTC 2009

I want to set up a mythtv media server (MythDora) that will do the entire
media recording including downloads of movies from the web.

The server is headless, i.e. I connect to it from a different machine
(Windows XP) through the web interface, and all I see is the MythWeb page
(snapshot attached).

Currently I have to download the Internet video files from the different
machine because I need Firefox to search the video file and I need the
torrent client to do the download.

My question is - how can I invoke Firefox and the torrent client from within
the server?

Thanks,

Avi