[mythtv-users] Compiling MythTV on Fedora 10, possible?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Mar 14 03:22:47 UTC 2009

Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
> Hi Geoff!
>
> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> You might want to check out the wiki at:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Fedora_10_-_Package_Dependencies
>
> I actually used that script to take care of the dependencies... (-;
>
>> You are obviously missing the 'glue' packages for X11 support etc etc.
>
> Or it is not finding them...
>
> I had an hunch and I checked ld.so.conf.
>
> There was no /usr/lib64 in the file so I added it and ran ldconfig and I
> was able to
> get trunk working... I wish I had tried fixes before because if I want
> to test fixes
> I'll have to destroy the database and redo the setup...
>
> Is ld.so.conf supposed to contain /usr/lib64 (on a 64 bit Fedora 10) and
> it somehow lost that entry?
>
> I wish somebody could send me a stock (or close to stock) ld.so.conf so
> that I could
> check if other entries are missing as well...

This is the content of my ld.so.conf for a 32 bit setup. I think that
only /usr/lib gets added by the install. I added the rest. I suppose
this should be added to the dependencies script, and to the Compiling
SVN trunk scripts. I had something fail to compile on Fedora 8 which
needed /lib and the others are the result of debugging configure and
compile errors. You will need the 64bit versions.

#! ***** /etc/ld.so.conf **** remember to run ldconfig!
include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/lib
/usr/lib