[mythtv-users] vdpau deinterlacing

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:46:34 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I have just installed my new MSI silent 8400GS low profile video card with
512MB RAM and g98 core. For anyone interested, this is the card

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=130&cat2_no=136&prod_no=1457

Card is in and running and I am using the 180.37 nvidia drivers and JY
Avenard's stable release (Thanks again JY! and others)

I was wondering what settings I should use for de-interlacing with respect
to what works best in Australia

I was thinking that I should define the de-interlacing as follows:

== 1920 x 1080  ----- advanced 2x fallback to temporal 1x

> 1280 x 720 ------- advanced 2x fallback to temporal 1x

==1280 x 720 ----- none

< 1280 x 720 ------ advanced 2x fallback to temporal 1x

Do I need to account for 720p sources or will vdpau detect that
deinterlacing is not needed?

Cheers

Phil