[mythtv-users] vdpau deinterlacing

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:46:34 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I have just installed my new MSI silent 8400GS low profile video card with
512MB RAM and g98 core. For anyone interested, this is the card

Card is in and running and I am using the 180.37 nvidia drivers and JY
Avenard's stable release (Thanks again JY! and others)

I was wondering what settings I should use for de-interlacing with respect
to what works best in Australia

I was thinking that I should define the de-interlacing as follows:

== 1920 x 1080  ----- advanced 2x fallback to temporal 1x

> 1280 x 720 ------- advanced 2x fallback to temporal 1x

==1280 x 720 ----- none

< 1280 x 720 ------ advanced 2x fallback to temporal 1x

Do I need to account for 720p sources or will vdpau detect that
deinterlacing is not needed?