[mythtv-users] will this system cut it ?

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 13 01:04:15 UTC 2009

I'll have a spare AMD 4200+ and either 2GB cheap RAM or 1GB good corsair RAM..
available soon..

It looks like I can get my hands on a cheap (and silent) 8500 GT from ebay..

Will this system cut it.. more to the point will it be any better than my 3.4 GHZ
Pentium 4 (OC'd to 3.7 GHZ.. and I can't change this as there is an issue with
the mobo.. ) with an FX 5600 card (currently using Linear Blend de
interlacing).... or is it not worth the effort (is temporal deinterlacing worse
than Linear Blend)..