[mythtv-users] OT: Samsung Series 5 52"?

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 17:30:31 UTC 2009

On Mar 12, 2009, at 7:31 AM, Gordon McLellan wrote:

> I'm not finding much about it on the intertubes, which is either good
> or bad.  I'm just wondering if anyone who has one can share some of
> their likes and dislikes with me?  The biggest "fault" I can find
> about it is the fact the PIP module lets you select switch between a
> digital/hd source and the analog tuner.  That seems kind of weird to
> lock folks into something obsolete like the analog tuner - my guess is
> PIP isn't a very popular feature?

Gordon,

I have a Samsung LN46A500 (46" 5 series) and you've hit the nail on
the head with the pip function. That is my ONLY complaint about this
TV so far. I can only have the single internal tuner and any one
external source, for whatever reason, they didn't believe I would ever
want to use 2 external sources. Apart from that, it looks and sounds
great.

~Jon