[mythtv-users] minimum card requirements for VDPAU

James Stembridge jstembridge at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:18:10 UTC 2009

2009/3/12 Brian Wood <beww at beww.org>:
> If the shipper has to calculate, collect and then send to the appropriate
> government all of those taxes, I can certainly see why they might not want to
> bother with it, especially a smaller outfit.

I think generally they just have to put on the little sticker saying
how much the contents of the package is worth. Everything else is
handled at the destination end.

> So you're saying the problem is the US vendors? It may just be a case of not
> enough potential business to justify the costs involved.

No not really, I'm sure from there point of view it's generally more
hassle than it's worth. But at least here in the UK (and I presume the
rest of the EU) high shipping costs are even worse than at they might
as first seem as you pay duty on the cost of the goods *plus* the
shipping, and then VAT on all of that.

James.