[mythtv-users] minimum card requirements for VDPAU

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 13:26:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

>> ditto New Zealand.
>>
>> Closest I got was tracking down the Aussie and NZ agents for Sparkle
>> who seem to make such a card.
>>
>> http://www.sparkle.com.tw/distributor.asp
>>
>> Trouble is none of the distributors then list PCI cards on their
>> websites. I have not taken the step of contacting the distributors
>> with the specific request.
>
> I wouldn't waste your time, I've requested this information via their
> various distributors online forms and or email and I'm still awaiting for
> a reply, I suppose I could ring them....
>
> but time is a limiting factor :(

please excuse my ignorance, i'm an american. ;)  i do understand that
you may not be able to go to your local electronics'r'us and pick up a
VDPAU capable video card, but can't you order one online?  or is
shipping that terribly expensive?
i would think that purchasing with a credit card would take care of
the currency exchange issues.  or is it just that the online stores
don't offer shipping options outside the continental US?
if that's the case then we need to set something up to help our geek
friends abroad...

--
Andrew Close