[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] solar power for all our gadgets

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Mar 12 06:26:38 UTC 2009

Jeff Walther wrote:
> And it didn't have to be this way, but misguided or just evil people
> flat out lied about nuclear power and scared the public.
I think the stage for that was actually set pretty early by military
secrecy.  Accidents that affected employees and people downwind at
military nuclear facilities like Hanford and Rocky Flats were covered
up, and that bred a culture of mistrust.  When the government came along
later and asserted, quite correctly, that commercial nuclear power
plants were safe, they no longer had any credibility with the public.