[mythtv-users] Problems with ATSC program guide

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Mar 11 20:18:40 UTC 2009

Tyler T wrote:
>>> You guys may have to crank up the logging for EIT and post some examples so
>>> people can see maybe what's going on.
>> I'll report back after a day or two.
>

> I did a quick browse and couldn't see any wrong descriptions on
> channels NOT listed above, but I'll keep an eye out. It will be good
> to know if only the channels listed above are the ones with wrong
> descriptions.

I noticed a similar problem with listings of digital channels in the
Buffalo area. Toronto digitals are correct, Buffalo analog channels
delivered through Rogers cable are fine, but some Buffalo digital
channels (NBC, channel '2' old-stle) show the correct show description
for the correct time-slot, but the NAME of the show in the next hour.

So Medium had the correct sub-title 'Apocalypse Now', starting at 10:00
but was called 'Channel 2 News' and finished in 35 minutes...the usual
end time of the 11:00 news as Jay Leno starts at 11:35...but the time
was actually 10:35.

This started on the weekend, so no prizes for guessing that somewhere a
  Daylight Savings Time error got made.

Geoff