[mythtv-users] Missing guide information

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:15:06 UTC 2009

2009/3/11 Nathan Hatch <nathan at azza.com>:
> Hi,
> I'm running into a bit of an issue that I have never encountered before. As
> of a few days ago, 7 of my channels no longer display any guide information
> from Schedules Direct. It shows as Unknown. The other channels show up
> perfectly. I have run mythfilldatabase --refresh-all, to flush out all the
> guide info and reload it to see if it was an issue with my guide database.
> It still has the same problem. The XMLTV ID is correct. On my Windows box, I
> installed GB-PVR and set it to my Schedules Direct account for guide
> information, and it is able to correctly populate guide information for
> those 7 channels, which leads me to believe that it's something with MythTV.
> I'm not the greatest Linux guru, but this MythTV setup has been working
> flawlessly for the past couple years. I'd like to keep it that way.
>
> I'm running Fedora 8 with MythTV version 0.21-0.4.r14537

A shot in the dark...but how's your database feeling?  Anything
interesting happen if you surf to <hostname>/mythweb, and click on the
listings link?

I had an "event" that I'm putting down to a hardware glitch screw up
my myth a few days ago.  I discovered last night that my listings were
affected (on all channels I checked, mind you), and various efforts to
reset the listings weren't working.

I eventually discovered that mysql was fretting about a table crash,
and I had to drop the database and recover from a pre-crash dump of my
DB.  Even then, I sort of had to hammer my DB into place.  Once the db
was happy, though, the listings were able to be populated again.

Cheers.

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
                                        -- Thomas Paine