[mythtv-users] artifacts in pvr-150 recordings, only recently

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 04:18:48 UTC 2009

> How about direct recording from the card with ivtv or direct playing
> with mplayer
>

> mplayer /dev/video0
>
> with mythbackend stopped.
>
> or
>
> cat /dev/video0 > mpeg.mpg

Thanks for the tips. I tested it with mplayer /dev/video0 and I got
the exact same macroblocking and the brief static in the audio
intermittently. I will try putting it into another PC later and test
things there, and see what happens. I may try recording from a known
good source, like a DVD or something. If it all fails. I guess it is
off to ebay. I haven't wanted to replace it because I figure my analog
days are numbered.