[mythtv-users] artifacts in pvr-150 recordings, only recently

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 01:59:35 UTC 2009

At this point I am out of ideas. Almost all of my recordings are
corrupt. One or two have slipped through unscathed. The only thing I
haven't tried yet is changing the PCI latency. I haven't found a good
guide on how to do this, although many older post suggest this is
often a problem. Is that worth looking into? Most recently the audio
has started to drop out occasionally. It will just be static for a
very brief moment. Could there be issues with the analog signal that
would cause the intermittent macroblocking and now the audio drop outs
(I don't see them on my regular TV)? Or is my pvr-150 just dying? Has
anybody seen a capture card die with this type of behavior? What is
the best way to test the card, perhaps outside of mythtv to eliminate
as many variables as possible? I have a couple of other windows and
linux pcs, but they aren't setup with mythtv.