[mythtv-users] Need a PCI Express x1 serial adapter

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Mar 10 19:19:12 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 13:00:09 Adam Stylinski wrote:

> I know that every Asus board I've ever used at least has those pin headers
> to do the job.  I'm doing the same with a homebrew LIRC serial receiver, it
> does the job just fine.

Frankly I was surprised to not find the header. This is an Acer machine with
an AMD chipset and an HDMI output. I got it REALLY cheap the last day of the
local Circuit City's existence ($50 including a 17" LCD monitor. The 4GB of
RAM alone was worth more than that), so I don't mind having to buy a card.

I'm not looking forward to dealing with ATI video drivers, I've always used
nVidia, but what the heck.

--
beww
beww at beww.org