[mythtv-users] FFmpeg releases version 0.5

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:22:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris at westnet.com> wrote:

> Announced on http://www.ffmpeg.org/
>
> Practically, does this mean anything to Mythtv ?

Not really.  Myth re-syncs with ffmpeg's libavcodec/libavformat a few
times a year and there's another re-sync coming, but that resync will
actually be a little bit newer than the .5 release of ffmpeg.  There
will be a few interesting features added at that time, but I don't
want to speak for our resident libav* maintainer and make promises on
his behalf.

Robert