[mythtv-users] Windows version

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Mar 9 07:03:13 UTC 2009

Robert Longbottom wrote:
> riverforce wrote:
>> Hi...
>> I was wondering if anyone had any info on a possible MythTV for
>> Windows.  I use FireFox.
>> thanks
>
> It's not clear if you want the full MythTV experience, or just a
> Windows player.
>
> If the latter, I can reccomend MythTvPlayer
> (http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/)
If you just want a player, you might just want to check out
mythrename.pl, linking the recordings to another folder, and sharing the
folder over samba.  I have a cron job set up to run a couple minutes
past the half hour, to grab new shows as they start recording, and then
just use whatever windows-based media player I want.