[mythtv-users] Upgrade and problems with 32kHz audio

Norm Dugas normdugas at yahoo.ca
Sat Mar 7 16:47:06 UTC 2009

Ray wrote:
> I recently upgraded to the latest Mythtv version and I'm having
> problems with some of my older recordings that were recorded with an
> audio sampling rate of 32000 Hz.  These are Mpeg4 files from a bt878
> card and probably using btaudio (they were recorded back in 2003 &
> 2004).  The videos play fast and the audio sounds like chipmunks.  My
> recent recordings done with a PVR-500 card play just fine.  I tried
> transcoding one of these problem videos with a profile that specifies
> 48kHz audio sample rate but mythtranscode just copied the audio.  I've
> tried setting playback to "use video as time base but that didn't help
> either.
>
> Is there anything I can do to either get Mythtv to play these shows
> correctly or to transcode them into something Myth will play?

I used to have some 32Khz audio on recordings when I captured analog
channels over firewire on my cable box.  I know I was able to convert
the audio on these.  You can do what you want with avidemux.  The
process I used was something along the following:
- use nuvexport to export the nuv file and sql (was the very last option
in the menu)
- use avidemux to fix the file
- copy the fixed file to the myth storage directory using the same file
name as the original

Hope this helps,
Norm