[mythtv-users] Must be missing something because no TV channels anymore

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 6 22:17:10 UTC 2009

On 03/06/2009 02:25 PM, Dave M G wrote:
>> I'd recommend
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .
>
> Following suggestions on that page, I deleted all video cards and
> video sources and started from scratch.
>
> The scanning process seems to have detected all the channels, and
> cleared out the duplicates I was seeing before.
>
> Unfortunately, two things are still broken:
>
> 1. When I try to watch TV, the screen goes black for about five
> seconds, and then returns me to the main menu.

Make sure you have a valid starting channel specified (once doing the
stuff below).

> 2. Mythfilldatabase finds no show information and quits about as soon
> as it starts. I tried running "mythfilldatabase --manual" as I was
> instructed from within mythbackend, but that made no difference.
>
> What else can I try to diagnose why I am not seeing any television?
>
> Thanks for any advice.

Sounds like you forgot to associate an xmltvid with the channels found
by the scan before running mythfilldatabase.  I'd repeat the process,
again, this time scan, edit channels and fill in xmltvid, then run
mythfilldatabase.

Mike