[mythtv-users] artifacts in pvr-150 recordings, only recently

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 14:31:08 UTC 2009

Sorry about the free image hosting site. I wasn't sure what the policy
is on the list about including attachments so I thought that would be
safer. I see now that there is a 40 KB limit for the list. I attached
a 320x240 screenshot to this email. I hope it is OK to get the idea.

I don't have a STB involved. I am just recording straight from Comcast
analog cable feed in the Boston area. I think it is affecting all of
my channels. I haven't watched enough TV to make sure, but almost all
of my recordings are affected. I figure that the Comcast signal is all
digital and get converted to analog somewhere along the path and maybe
something is wrong there. Or I have something going on with my card.
So can hard drive I/O or PCI latency cause these kinds of artifacts?

If the signal is too weak/strong is their some way I can check this
without going out and buying amps/attenuators and seeing what happens?

I guess I can watch some TV tonight straight from coax to my TV and
see if anything shows up there. Then I could tell if it is Comcast or
not. I still have an old VCR lying around. Maybe I will have it record
a show that is set to record in MythTV. Then I will watch the MythTV
version and when they artifacts show up. I will check the VHS tape at
the same location.

Thanks, anymore ideas that can help would be appreciated.