[mythtv-users] Remote control mythweb or make a Remote Location Frontend

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 05:50:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
<steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:
> Hello all. Does anyone know if it's possible to setup mythweb so that you
> could use a remote control to do the playback of the recordings?
>
> I think it'd be really cool if the web interface could be completely
> controlled by a remote, in essense making it into a web based frontend that
> plays back the flash videos.
>
> This would make for portable frontends to be made, like having a frontend at
> the office that could play all your recordings, but not need a keyboard and
> mouse.
>
> I'm basically trying to come up with a way to make a "remote location
> frontend" that can play all the stuff stored on the backend at home (without
> using rsync to copy huge GB files), but be internet connected. The lower
> quality of the picture would be accepted.
>

> -Thanks
> -Steve

Honestly not something that would interest me, mostly because if I'm
going to watch using mythweb, I don't want to carry around -another-
box to where I'm going (when I travel, there's either already a
computer there, I bring one of my laptops, or both).  However, it
would be relatively straightforward to grab a learning remote and an
IR keyboard and make the remote work like a keyboard...ATI
All-In-Wonder remotes (if memory serves) do something similar.

Good luck!
--
Doug