[mythtv-users] How do I remove recordings without files

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 6 00:32:10 UTC 2009

On 03/05/2009 06:50 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Owen Townend wrote:
>
>> Kirk Fitzpatrick wrote:

>>> Here's a script I use that checks all DB entries have a file associated
>>> with them, otherwise it deletes them (the DB entries);
>>>
>> Handy script, but it doesn't deal well with storage groups...
>> Perhaps something like this:
>>
> Or one could just use the myth.find_orphans.pl script in the contrib
> directory.  ;)  It handles storage groups, and has options both to
> reconcile the files against the database (--dodelete) and the database
> against the files (--dodbdelete).

Or those who are so excited about the functionality that they're willing
to work on creating it themselves could rewrite (the old, legacy,
unmaintained, use-at-your-own-risk) myth.find_orphans.pl properly--using
the Perl bindings...  (And feel free to redesign it (including
args/naming) in the process--as what we have now is a mish-mash of the
original script plus afterthoughts that were added on later.)

Mike