[mythtv-users] VDPAU and artifacts

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Thu Mar 5 19:18:28 UTC 2009

I note that someone else noticed something like this earlier and also
had a 9500GT card with 1GB RAM.

I just received and installed a Sparkle fanless 9500GT card w/1GB RAM. I
installed the VDPAU patches in the 20018 release of 0.21-fixes and
Nvidia driver 180.35 on a x64 4200+ AMD processor w/4GM RAM.

The cpu load is reduced with VDPAU and Advanced 2x mode works, but there
are artifacts on the playback of HD-Homerun and Firewire MPEG2 1080i
recordings that do not occur on my older 6150 video card with Bobx2
software de-interlacing.

Usually, the lighter solid colors in backgrounds (like indoor walls)
will "rainbow with colored squares" that change with each frame. Because
the colored squares change with each frame and are much larger than a
single pixel, the effect is quite noticeable.  This does not happen with
720p or 480i recordings only 1080i.

Changing the deinterlacers or using none does not change the issue.

I suspect this may be an issue with 9500GT cards given the previous
post. So should I send the 9500GT back or does someone know of a fix?

Thx in advance.

--
==
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04