[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashing regularly (Ubuntu 8.10, x86_64, ATI radeonhd video)

Mike Hicks mikemn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 05:27:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Mike Hicks <mikemn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, my mythbackend segfaulting issue may be going away -- I had
> migrated an older MythTV installation on another machine to a newer
> box which is capable of decoding HD video.
[...]

Nevermind, the backend is still flaky on my machine, as I had it crash
twice this evening.  But, I think it has something to do with too many
messages coming from the frontend at once -- I believe the first crash
occurred about the time when I deleted a video immediately after
playback ended (it was an HD video, so it was probably 4.5 GB and
likely took a while to delete).  The second crash occurred when I
paused and hit the spacebar to make a bookmark almost simultaneously.

For the moment, I guess I'll just have to be patient while using the
frontend so things don't get confused.

--
[ Michael Hicks | mikemn at gmail.com ]