[mythtv-users] New HD HomeRun problem

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Mar 3 20:15:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, March 3, 2009 12:01 pm, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Try recycling the power on your ROUTER.
> Then, make sure that the router has not changed the IP address of the
> hdhr.
> Make sure that everything, including the channel standard is properly
> set on the hdhr....
> Most likely reason is that the router changed the IP of the hdhr. If you
> can, reserve the hdhr's IP address by tying it to the MAC, since there
> is no easy way to contact the hdhr under linux if the IP address keeps
> changing.

At least on my system (0.21) myth uses a broadcast to locate the HDHR.
Maybe once it's up it uses the IP address, but at least for the first
detection it uses the 0xFFFFFFFF ID for the HDHR, which I'm assuming is
some sort of "Hey HDHR, Wake up and tell me where you are" call.

--
  o__

You are an adult when you realize that everyone's an idiot sometimes. You
are wise when you include yourself.