[mythtv-users] Could not connect to the master backend server

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Mar 3 13:53:55 UTC 2009

Hello,

I removed all mysql and mythtv packages, also all configuration and
databases. Then I installed new and the problem is gone.

What I did now, was adding the user "paul" to the group "mythtv". Then
logout and login and then run the setup for the backend as user "paul".

Before I did run the setup for the backend as root (wrong!), and did run
the frontend as user mythtv.

I have still problems (i only see snow when I try to watch TV...), but
my first problem is gone.

Thanks all for your help.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.