No subject

Sun Mar 1 18:40:12 UTC 2009

somehow breaks interprocess communication on your machine in random and
obscure ways.  People are seeing issues in what appear to be completely
unrelated places - in my case my myth setup was hanging on startup trying
to get info on the cd drive.

I'm hoping this fix comes soon - I'm interested to see what the
deinterlacing improvements might bring, and whether they'll allow my G98
8400GS to use some of the flasher de-interlacers.

It still isn't clear to me exactly what level of VC-1 hardware offloading
will be available in the non-G98 chipsets.  Logically if the hardware
isn't there, they can't offload to it - and those chipsets don't have VC-1
hardware.  I'm guessing they are doing similar to on the windows driver -
offloading some generic bits of the decoding, but not the whole thing.