[mythtv-users] On the finer points of VNC & SSH tunneling

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:20:01 UTC 2009

I actually use the DD-WRT firmware on my router.  It has OpenVPN built in.
I have setup the OpenVPN server with certificates and I have downloaded the
OpenVPN client on my ubuntu laptop (through synaptic) and set it up in
Network Manager.  I also have the OpenVPN software installed at work on an
XP box.  I can then VNC through the VPN to ANY box on my network.  I have
found it to be much easier than establishing SSH passthroughs on the
firewall for every box I have.  It's also just as secure.

Jim